Maria Teresa Fiorenza
Within the field of mammalian reproduction and embryology:
- molecular and cellular regulation of cell proliferation and death in mouse preimplantation embryos;
- cellular and functional aspects of Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) in women and in murine models
Within the field of neurobiology:
- molecular and cellular mechanisms controlling the differentiation and functional maturation of neurons and glial cells;
- neurobiology of learning and memory in the mouse;
- effects of lipid dyshomeostasis on signaling mechanisms of the early post-natal/adult brain using mouse models;
- pathogenic mechanisms of neurodevelopmental/neurodegenerative diseases using mouse models of Niemann-Pick C, autism and Alzheimer diseases;
- genetics of cognitive functions, psychic disorders, transsexualism, psychoses in humans.
Keywords: mouse preimplantation embryos, blastomere proliferation, AKT, myo-inositol; D-chiro-inositol, PCOS, granule neurons, Sonic Hedgehog, TGF-beta, fear conditioning, hippocampus, cell adhesion factors, cholesterol/gangliosides, PREP1, taurine, dopamine receptors, 5-HTT, COMT, BDNF, obsessive-compulsive disorder, perfectionism, procrastination, gender dysphoria, bipolar disorder, telomeres, telomerase activity.