Università di Ferrara
Last update: July 15, 2019
University Professors in Experimental Biology (BIO/13)
Elisa Mazzoni – Department of Chemical, Pharmaceutical and Agricultural Sciences
PO (Professore Ordinario / Full professor)
PA (Professore Associato / Associate Professor)
RTI (Ricercatore a Tempo Indeterminato / Assistant Professor)
RTD-A (Ricercatore a Tempo Determinato – Junior / Fixed-term Junior Assistant Professor)
RTD-B (Ricercatore a Tempo Determinato – Senior / Fixed-term Senior Assistant Professor)
Fellows in Experimental Biology (BIO/13)
John Charles Rotondo – Department of Medical Sciences
Giulia Di Mauro – Department of Medical Sciences
A (Assegnista di Ricerca / Post-Doctoral Fellow)
D (Dottorando / PhD Student)
B (Borsista / Fellow)
Research Group 1
Maria Rosa Iaquinta
- Epigenetics and malignant pleural mesothelioma
- Regenerative medicine: bone regrowth with stem cells and innovative biomaterials
- Association between small DNA tumor viruses and human tumors.
Keywords: cell biology, molecular genetics, epigenetics, regenerative medicine.
Research Group 2
John Charles Rotondo
Christian Felice Cervellera
- Cellular biology and molecular genetics of human keratinocytes.
- Epigenetic of different human cellular models.
- Male infertility.
- Biology and genetics of human cells during growth and differentiation.
Keywords: differentiation, transformation, cell biology, genetics, epigenetics.
Research Group 3
Luisa Marracino (PhD Student)
Francesca Fortini (Research Scientist)
Francesco Vieceli Dalla Sega (Senior Scientist)
- Modulation of the Notch signaling pathway in malignant pleural mesothelioma cells following treatment with the antidiabetic drug, metformin.
- Modulation of Notch pathway by estrogen signaling.
- Association between biomaterials and mesenchymal stem cells for tissue regeneration.
- Role of Notch signaling and somatic mutations-related clonal hematopoiesis of indeterminate potential (CHIP) in inflammation.
Keywords: Notch signaling, malignant pleural mesothelioma, metformin, biomaterials, mesenchymal stem cells, inflammation.
Research Group 4
- Relationship among environment, pollution and living beings
Keywords: oxidative stress; environment.
web page administrator: Elena Torreggiani