Università degli studi di Bari – Aldo Moro
Last Update: December 25th, 2022
University Professors in Experimental Biology (BIO/13)
Anna Gallone – Dip. Scienze mediche di Base, Neuroscienze e Organi di Senso (SMBNOS)
Referente e decano del settore nella Scuola di Medicina
PO (Professore Ordinario / Full professor)
PA (Professore Associato / Associate Professor)
RTI (Ricercatore a Tempo Indeterminato / Assistant Professor)
RTD-A (Ricercatore a Tempo Determinato – Junior / Fixed-term Junior Assistant Professor)
RTD-B (Ricercatore a Tempo Determinato – Senior / Fixed-term Senior Assistant Professor)
Fellows in Experimental Biology (BIO/13)
Michele Mangarelli – University of Brescia
Mariagiovanna Di Chiano – Dip. Scienze mediche di Base, Neuroscienze e Organi di Senso (SMBNOS)
Ohiemi Ocheja – Dip. Bioscienze, Biotecnologie e Ambiente (DBBA)
A (Assegnista di Ricerca / Post-Doctoral Fellow)
D (Dottorando / PhD Student)
B (Borsista / Fellow)
Research Group 1
Anna De Grassi
Ciro Leonardo Pierri (PA BIO/10 – Biochemistry)
Vincenzo Tragni (Post-doc fellow)
- High-throughput sequence analysis of nucleic acids and proteins: discovery of novel disease-genes in rare disorders, evolution of genes and genomes, gene expression regulation in cancer and metabolic disorders, dry-wet chemical screening for drug discovery.
Keywords: NextGen DNA Sequencing, Bioinformatics, Rare disorders, 3D protein structure.
Research Group 2
- Molecular mechanisms of cell stress response and role of mitochondrial retrograde signaling in cell death and adaptation.
Keywords: Yeast, Cell Stress, Apoptosis, Regulated cell death, Oxidative stress, Cross talk mitochondria-nucleus-cytoplasm, Metabolism.
Research Group 3
Rosa Visone (PA MED/04-Oncohematology Università G. d’Annunzio Chieti-Pescara)
Sara Pagotto (Post doc fellow Università G. d’Annunzio Chieti-Pescara)
Matteo Fassan (PA MED/06-University of Padova)
- Human Endogenous Virus sequences methylation status and response of the immune system; functional role of microRNA in Colon Rectal Cancer and Chronic Lymphocytic Leukaemia
- Genetic and Epigenetic alteration in Colon Rectal Cancer and Chronic lymphocytic Leukaemia..
Keywords: Human Endogenous Virus, DNA methylation, Microsatellite Instability, MicrRNA, Colon cancer stem cells, Chronic Lymphocitic Leukaemia
Research Group 4
Amalia Azzariti (Researcher IRCCS Giovanni Paolo II)
Tiziana Cocco (PO BIO/10 – Biochemistry)
Stefania Guida (RTDA MED/35 – Skin and Venereal Disease, Univ. Modena-Reggio Emilia)
Michele Manganelli (post doc fellow – University of Brescia)
Fabio Sallustio (RTDB –SSD MED-50 UNIBA)
- Cellular Biology by cells techniques, metabolic reprogramming following proliferation and /or apoptosis and autophagic targets in human diseases, regarding genetic profiles and association of BRAF status and MC1R polymorphisms on specific pathways
- Nutraceutical compounds effects on cellular models.
Keywords: BRAF status, MC1R polymorphism, PGC1alpha factor, Oxidative stress, eIF2 alpha translation factor.
Research Group 5
Fabio Sallustio (RTDB –SSD MED-50 UNIBA)
Daniela Fiocco (PA BIO/13 – Experimental Biology, University of Foggia)
Giuseppe Spano (PA AGR/16 – Agrarian Microbiology, University of Foggia)
Maria Teresa Rocchetti (RTDA-BIO13 Experimental Biology, University of Foggia)
Mariagiovanna Di Chiano (PhD student)
- Study of the pigmented cell system in living organisms
- Action of probiotics in inflammatory processes. Crosstalk between organs. Molecular mechanisms in kidney and neural cells
- Genomic and functional characterization of Adult Renal Stem/Progenitor Cells, with an emphasis on their molecular mechanisms of renal damage recovery
- Cellular and molecular mechanisms in IgA Nephropathy.
Melanogenesis, Probiotic microorganism, Antioxidant power, Living organism, Stress genes, Kidney cells, Neural cells, Stem cells, TLR2, Regenerative medicine, nephropathy.
Research Group 6
Francesca Conserva (cultore della materia SSD BIO/13)
- Molecular mechanisms in the pathogenesis and progression of renal damage in Diabetic Nephropathy
- Molecular mechanisms involved in kidney graft rejection
Keywords: microRNA, SNPs, kidney, diabetes, transplantation, transcriptomics
BIO/13 Courses thaught by teachers of other Scientific-Disciplinary Sectors
web page administrator: Anna De Grassi