The training program is divided in 11 modules covering a wide range of topics focusing on recent advances in:
- fundamentals of regenerative medicine
- stem cell research, from in vitro and pre-clinical models to clinical applications
- novel technologies in tissue engineering and biomaterials
- ethics and safety issues
- principles of advanced therapy medicinal products (ATMPs) regulation
- market access and business opportunities
Lectures are accompanied by workshops and panel/roundtable discussions with lecturers, allowing for professional networking in both formal and informal settings (lunch/dinner/cocktails with the experts), and favoring an update on the “hot topics” in the field. Internship programs are included to improve practical skills.
The advanced level University Master lasts one year for a total of 60 credits.
Lessons are divided into 3 sessions, each session has a 1-week duration (June 22-27, 2021; August 30-September 4, 2021; January 26-30, 2022).
In addition, participants will be invited to attend an international workshop/meeting in the area of interest. An internship program of 700 hours is mandatory.
The internship will be on a topic relevant to the Master program and can be held in any Institute. The internship must be approved by the Board prior to commencement.